Wednesday 4 November 2009

LANDING AT POINT RAIN SCRIPT

At the recent Star Wars Fan Days III convention near Dallas, supervising director Dave Filoni reunited most of the cast of The Clone Wars for a table read of a script specially prepared for the event.
Since this script serves as a prelude to "Landing at Point Rain," the next episode of The Clone Wars, we are making it available here for you to read.

You'll have to supply your own actors.



EST. SHOT CORUSCANT - JEDI TEMPLE EXT - DAY

Traffic buzzes past the towers as we push in on the temple

INT JEDI TEMPLE - HALLWAY - DAY

Obi-Wan and Ahsoka greet Padmé and Anakin in the hallway towards the Jedi war room.


OBI-WAN

It's good to see you up and about again, Padmé. Congratulations on the success of your mission.

PADMÉ

Thank you, General Kenobi. Of course the mission would have failed had Anakin -- I mean General Skywalker -- not accompanied me.

OBI-WAN

Yes, well, you're too kind. We all know you were the one taking the risk.

ANAKIN

Hey, I was taking risks.

OBI-WAN

Of course you were, Anakin. The question is how many of them were unnecessary?

AHSOKA

Well, he was only gone a day or two, so I'd guess fifty percent were unnecessary.

OBI-WAN

That's right, I forgot I asked you to start keeping track.

ANAKIN

Ignore them, Padmé, they don't realize no one else finds this funny.

PADMÉ

Actually, it's quite entertaining.

OBI-WAN

You see, Anakin!

ANAKIN

Go ahead, laugh it up, but in the end the risks BOTH of us took paid off. Lott Dod, is a traitor; everything the Jedi have been reporting about the Trade Federation and the Banking Clan is true.

OBI-WAN

And I'm certain that you never let your emotional involvement get the better of you and you brought back proof of these claims?

ANAKIN

Proof?!! Padmé was poisoned what further proof do we need!

OBI-WAN

Anakin, if the Senate or the Chancellor were willing to act based solely on the word of the Jedi, then the corporations would have been put to trial years ago.

PADMÉ

He's right, Anakin. I've seen the accusations against the Trade Federation come up in the Senate and they always fall on deaf ears. We couldn't even convict Gunray after he invaded Naboo.

ANAKIN

But Clovis admitted everything!

OBI-WAN

So naturally you took him into custody? But, no wait, you did the exact opposite of that. You left him on Cato Neimoidia!

ANAKIN

I had no choice.

OBI-WAN

I want to believe you. I really do, but sometimes, Anakin, you place your feelings ahead of the mission, and I'm afraid in this case--

PADMÉ

I'm afraid in this case Anakin might have put my safety and our friendship ahead of the mission, yes. But Obi-wan, I cannot believe, as Anakin's mentor, if put in his place you would not have done the same. After all, we are all friends are we not?

OBI-WAN

Well, yes, I guess you're right.

They all pause and smile at their odd argument

OBI-WAN

Come along now, we can not keep Master Yoda waiting. It's time to see what the Council has decided to do about the revolt on Geonosis and the new droid foundries there.

They all start to walk towards the war room, Ahsoka walks along side Padmé

AHSOKA

You're really good at defusing those two. You have to teach me your methods

PADMÉ

Most of the time I defeat them with common sense. That's your best weapon

They enter the war room where they find Master Yoda and Plo Koon waiting for them, a hologram of the planet Geonosis looms above him, and another smaller planet is on the display screens along the walls.

YODA

Welcome back from your mission, Senator. More successful than we hoped, you were.

PADMÉ

I only hope we discovered this plot in time

YODA

Perhaps answer your question, this transmission from Captain Rex can.

Yoda plays a hologram transmission from Captain Rex who went ahead to scout Geonosis.

REX

This is Captain Rex, 501st recon mission to Geonosis. Upon arrival in orbit we were unable to establish any communication with the clones on the surface. A preliminary scan indicated massive construction in both the northern and southern hemispheres of the planet. There appear to be several droid factories which are already operational, and many more in the final phases of construction. This goes far beyond a simple revolt, we are looking at a full scale invasion of the planet if we want to take it back. I shall provide a further break down of the planet's defenses that we scanned when my mission is complete. Rex out.

The room is quiet.

OBI-WAN

Looks like we're going back to Geonosis.

ANAKIN

Great.

YODA

Not you, Skywalker. Master Plo Koon has a different mission for you.

PLO KOON

The planet Dorin has been attacked by Grievous. Because of Dorin's orientation between two nearby black holes, we'll need your expert space combat tactics to help guide the command ships and fighter squadrons.

ANAKIN

Of course, Master Plo. Whatever I can do to help

YODA

Kenobi, with you shall go Master Mundi and Master Luminara. Skywalker and Master Plo Koon shall aid you, if successful on Dorin they are.

OBI-WAN

Good, we'll need whatever ships of the fleet can be spared. As Captain Rex said, this will be a full scale planetary invasion. We're settling the score on Geonosis once and for all.


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

INT. SEPARATIST FRIGATE COMMAND BRIDGE

Grievous sits on his command ship witnessing the devastation his army has inflicted on the planet Dorin. He is gloating in his success.


GRIEVOUS

Yes, commander, press the attack. I don't want any of that Kel Dor filth to survive. The people of the planet Dorin must suffer the consequences for staying loyal to the Republic.

BATTLE DROID COMMANDER

Roger, roger. The commando droids will hunt down any survivors.

GRIEVOUS

Very good.

The doors to the bridge open and the doctor droid A-4D enters.

A-4D

Master, you have an urgent transmission on channel 5. Why have you not answered it?

GRIEVOUS

Not now, Doctor. I'm in the middle of a battle.

A-4D

But the transmission has a top level priority code. It must be important.

GRIEVOUS

Bah! What could be more important than the destruction of a civilization?

A-4D

I can compute there are several possible answers to that question.

GRIEVOUS

Silence! Who is sending the transmission?

A-4D

Asajj Ventress, my lord.

GRIEVOUS

Ventress! Dooku's play-thing? I have no time to waste on her.

A-4D

She is Count Dooku's personal assassin. I would answer her call if I were you.

GRIEVOUS

Ah, but you are not me, Doctor, for I am the leader of the most powerful droid army the galaxy has ever seen, and you are a simple servant droid!

A-4D

Doctor and advisor.

GRIEVOUS

I tire of your comical wit. Do not make me regret having you reassembled.

A-4D

Of course not, but if the message Ventress relays comes from Count Dooku, it would be wise to hear what she has to say.

GRIEVOUS

Very well, put her through. But if I miss any good destruction while I'm distracted, I'll have your head back on a platter.

A-4D

Yes, my lord.

The hologram of Ventress appears before Grievous and the Doctor

VENTRESS

Why General, thank you for receiving my transmission... finally.

GRIEVOUS

My pleasure, assassin. Now what can I do for you? I am rather busy.

VENTRESS

So I hear. It must be difficult for you to tear yourself away from all your toy soldiers.

GRIEVOUS

I do not expect a mere assassin to understand the intricate art of warfare.

VENTRESS

No, I guess not. That's best left to droids like you

A-4D

Oh my...

GRIEVOUS

I am NO DROID!

VENTRESS

Oh, that's right. My mistake, it's so hard to remember sometimes.

GRIEVOUS

The heart that beats inside my metal body is that of a true warrior!

VENTRESS

Interesting, Count Dooku seems to consider me his best warrior, and yet I have no heart at all.

GRIEVOUS

A fact that is not hard to believe, witch.

VENTRESS

You flatter me, General, but allow me to get to the point.

GRIEVOUS

Please do.

VENTRESS

Intelligence has reported a large Republic fleet leaving orbit around Coruscant. It seems the planet Dorin is finally going to receive reinforcements to counter your attack.

GRIEVOUS

A meaningless gesture. The more forces they send here, the better the diversion will work, and there shall be even less forces to raid Geonosis.

VENTRESS

I agree, except the General in charge of the reinforcements is Skywalker, and you can bet his brat went along with him.

GRIEVOUS

That changes nothing!

VENTRESS

Perhaps not, but if you fail to detain Skywalker at Dorin, Geonosis may be in jeopardy.

GRIEVOUS

I will not fail.

VENTRESS

Why General, who suggested you would? I look forward to our next encounter.

The hologram fades off

A-4D

Well that went better than expected.

GRIEVOUS

Recall the troops and prepare the fighters. We must prepare for Skywalker's arrival.
--END--

No comments:

Post a Comment